Children in kindergarten through 5th grade, who live more than one-half mile from the school they legally attend, and those in grades 6 through 12, who live more than one mile from the school they legally attend, will be transported. If the pass has no stop assigned, your child is not eligible for transportation.
Transportation for Private/Parochial Students
Whether you are a first-time or returning student going to a private or parochial school, a transportation form must be submitted NO LATER THAN APRIL 1st OF EACH SCHOOL YEAR. Forms are available at each private/parochial school, District Transportation Office or online.
Questions? Please call 516-434-5115 or e-mail email@example.com
Farmingdale School District Secondary School Students must present their bus pass each time they board the bus.
School Bus - Accidental Injury
Insurance Laws in New York State dictate that any injury sustained while using a motor vehicle, including school buses, is to be referred to the no-fault (Mandatory Personal Injury Protection) section of the family automobile insurance. It is required that a Notice of Claim be filed with the family insurance within the first 30 days after the injury.
All bus riders are responsible for insuring the safe travel of everyone on the bus. Misbehavior which injures or affects the well-being of others also distracts the driver from the safe operation of the vehicle. Students are asked to adhere to the following rules:
1. Please arrive to the bus stop at least 5 minutes early.
2. No eating or drinking is permitted on the bus.
3. No fighting or disorderly conduct will be tolerated.
4. The use of foul language is prohibited.
5. Defacement or destruction of the school bus is strictly forbidden.
6. Students may not go on lawns or private property where the stop is located, or litter same.
7. Students should sit down immediately upon boarding, and remain seated.
8. Students must pay attention to the bus driver, and follow all of his/her instructions.
9. Students must follow all proper crossing procedures when crossing in front of the bus.
10. Nothing should be put out the window. This includes heads, hands, arms, papers, etc.
11. Absolutely no opening of or exiting from Emergency Doors and Windows will be permitted, unless students are directed to do so by the driver.
12. Students may not leave their seats to get off the bus until it has come to a complete stop.
13. No glass containers, pets, live animals, large projects, sharp items or inflated balloons will be permitted on the buses.
14. Parents are responsible for making arrangements to have an adult meet Kindergarten Students at their bus stop.
15. Bus passes must be carried with each student everyday, and must be available upon request.
Only students are permitted to board Farmingdale School District buses. Failure to adhere to the bus rules may result in suspension from transportation.
Instances of misbehavior will be reported by the drivers. Serious misconduct or continued disregard of the above rules will result in suspension of transportation privileges. All dispositions of behavior reports will be handled by the school principal.
Please be sure that the Student Registration Department always has your current address and phone number should we need to contact you in the event of a serious bus problem. Also, remember to discuss a “personal backup plan” with your student in the event they should need help when a parent or guardian is not at home. Each student, whether a bus rider or not eligible for transportation, needs to know what to do in the event that an unusual circumstance or emergency should arise and you are at work or unavoidably detained.