Curriculum and Instruction
NYS Learning Standards
Elementary Curriculum Resources
Arts in Education
Career Technical Education (CTE)
English 6-12 / ENL / Reading 9-12
Dr. Joshua Anisansel
Business, Family and Consumer Science (FACS), and Technology
Physical Education / Athletics
Science / Health
Access to the Parent Portal
Information for Home Schooling
If a Parent Chooses to Home School a child(ren)
Please contact the office of Teaching and Learning at 516-434-5130.
- File a notice of intent with the Farmingdale School District to homeschool within 14 days of beginning, and every year thereafter. This should be sent to Dr. Joan Ripley, Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning, Farmingdale Schools 50 Van Cott Ave. Farmingdale, NY 11735.
- Provide an Individualized Home Instruction plan to Dr. Joan Ripley, Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning. Guidelines can be found at NYSED Part 100 Regulations website.
- Note the subjects and topics required to be taught at specific grade levels, and textbooks if any. Please refer to NYSED Part 100 Regulations website for details.
- Maintain attendance records.
- Complete 900 hours of school instruction per year in grades 1-6, and 990 hours for grades 7-12.
- Submit your quarterly informational reports to Dr. Joan Ripley, Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning.
- Order an annual assessment from the district which includes a norm-referenced achievement test or written evaluation, depending on grade level.
NYS has very specific requirements to homeschool your child. Check out the NY Department of Education’s website.
Farmingdale Teacher Center