Aquatic Center Facility Information
The building features two separate pools, four locker rooms with full bathroom and shower facilities, and the district will provide locks for all visitors. No items are to be left at the facility, including all lockers.
The entire facility is handicap accessible and ADA compliant. All pools and locker areas are on ground level, and the public pool has a stair entry. The facility also features a mobile lift that can be used for those who need help getting into the pool. There is a 300-pound max weight limit on the lift, and anyone entering with the lift must be accompanied by an adult who is a strong swimmer. For more information, please call the pool office.
(25 yards in length. 8 lanes. Depth 6' to 13'6" deep - For strong swimmers who can swim safely in water above their head. The competition pool also features a 1-meter diving board.)
(12 1/2 yards long. 4 lanes. Depth 3'6" throughout)
Return to top
Use of Facilities
Pool use will be limited to Farmingdale School District residents (proof of residence required at time of admittance), staff and students with valid Farmingdale school ID, class/program participants registered through the Farmingdale School District Continuing Education Program, and members of local swim organizations registered through Farmingdale Schools and Farmingdale Youth Council.
For any questions regarding the Aquatic Center, please call the pool office at 516-434-5113.
Return to top
Public Use Guidelines
When not being used for Farmingdale School District programs, school facilities, including the Aquatic Center, may be made available for use by the general public. Such usage is in accordance with Section 414 of the Education Law listed below.
After reading the Use of Facilities Guidelines, qualified groups and organizations may make facilities requests online by creating an account by clicking here or calling Angela Giglio at 516-434-5141.
Click here to download the Public Use of Facilities policy.
Return to top
Rules & Guidelines
- Pool use will be limited to Farmingdale School District residents (proof of residence required at time of admittance), staff and students with valid Farmingdale school ID, class/program participants registered through the Farmingdale School District Continuing Education Program, and members of local swim organizations registered through Farmingdale Schools and Farmingdale Youth Council.
- All children 12 years of age and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- No person will be permitted in the pool having signs and symptoms of illness: respiratory symptoms, skin lesions, sores, or inflamed eyes, mouth, nose or ear discharge, carrying communicable disease or having any type of bandage, adhesive tape, etc., on their body.
- If you are not feeling well, please do not participate.
- Face coverings are permitted whenever you are NOT in the water and MUST be removed prior to entering the water. Proper bathing attire is required; bathing suits, rash guards, board shorts appropriate for the pool; NOT gym shorts, tee shirts or other regular clothing / pajamas; nothing that prohibits movement. Bathing caps and goggles are optional. We do not allow masks that cover the nose during lessons because they prohibit correct breathing technique. Jewelry, metal hair clips and apparel / items that could become entangled and are not allowed in the pool.
- The New York State Department of Health advises a cleansing shower prior to the use of any public bathing facility. DO NOT wear Face coverings in the showers.
- Pollution of the pool by any bodily fluids strictly prohibited. Nose blowing and expectorating while in the pool not allowed. No urinating or defecating in the pools.
- NO SMOKING of any kind on school grounds. Additionally, we will ask any person who appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol to leave the facility.
- Food and drink prohibited from the entire pool area. Plastic or metal water bottles allowed. Please dispose of all single use containers properly.
- General safety rules are in effect at all times, including
- No Running anywhere in the building.
- No Diving in shallow water
- No foul or offensive language
- No rough play
- Lap lanes are for lap swimming ONLY. Open areas are NOT for lap swimming. Please follow the directions of lifeguards.
- Use of facility owned pool toys and equipment allowed when appropriate. Equipment use will be restricted when made necessary by public health and /or safety. You may bring and use your own but please DO NOT SHARE ANY EQUIPMENT. Please follow directions of lifeguards.
- Children under age 13 years, swimmers using floatation devices and those unable to swim safely in deep water will be restricted to shallow water areas at the discretion of lifeguards on duty for everyone’s safety.
- Hyperventilation, extreme hypoxic training, and static apnea are NOT ALLOWED at this facility. You will be asked to leave if you participate in these dangerous behaviors.
Return to top